Wednesday 26 September 2012

The Scars we dont see, Hurt the Most. A Poem for Her



The Scars we don’t see, hurt the Most:
Dedication to my Best Friend

Forever searching and never finding
The love she knows that she deserves is somewhere out there but remains unknown
Always yearning for the loving touch she always heard about but never Understanding how to make it part of her story.
Days that are dark seem to linger and haunt her, they grab her and she calls out for the happiness that she can only dream about.
 Late at night she lays in the bed that embraces her so warmly, wondering when love will make itself at home.
She calls out, but her voice is frozen in the mist of the cold world she lives in, she’s still searching but never finding.
Will she ever see the beauty that my eyes see when I look into her soul?

I see the heart of a Strong black woman, wounded but never broken
I see a deserving person, who shines with generosity and nobleness
I see a Sister that was chosen for me to call my own
I see a Best Friend that is always there when I need her most, a diamond that’s already polished

BUT
What does SHE see? 

Will she ever realize the wonderful Queen she was created to be?
Will she ever know the value she brings into my life, knowing that I would never change a thing?
She oozes with honesty, but is scarred with a past that she is always judged by
She can’t escape, 
she tries to hide and run but her feet never leave the ground.

I pray for her, pray harder than I pray for myself because she is the essence of everything needed in a friend

The epitome of the word ‘Loyal’, the meaning of the word ‘Reliable’ but most of all, Love is what she is to me.

Because the scars you don’t see, hurt her the most.
You will never know nor see the tears she cries at night, the scars that are imbedded  within but hidden by the warm smile she possesses, it is the make-up the masks the pain.

These are the scars I get to see, they are mine to heal.
I smile with a Joy in my heart, for I know that I will be there until the day the scars turn into a beautiful memory of the journey she has taken in life.

For it may hurt, but it will heal.
The Love I have for her will overshadow the pain that nobody sees,

For the scars you don’t see, Hurt the most

But to me she is……
LOVE

No comments:

Post a Comment